Welcome! To join the society, use the Online Application or the Printable Application and follow the instructions on the form for submission.
SPUC is pleased to announce that the society has upgraded its membership categories to accomplish our goal of including and embracing all who are part of the Pediatric Urgent Care community. The former physician category is now called Provider and includes Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants. All members in this category have voting privileges.
The Clinical Administrator has been created to encompass registered nurses, especially, but not confined to those in leadership roles, medical educators, and healthcare business professionals who support pediatric urgent care. Members in this category have voting privileges.
SPUC has added a new International membership for licensed providers (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN) or clinical healthcare administrators with an interest in pediatric urgent care. International members are eligible to hold office and have voting rights.
|Any SPUC member in the Provider or Clinical Administrator categories may join the Founders Circle, established by the Board of Directors. This category is for those with a special interest in supporting the growth of SPUC. Founders Circle members will be recognized on the SPUC website, in certain SPUC publications, and at SPUC’s annual meeting. A portion of the Founders Circle membership dues will fund the Michael Moran Scholar Award.|
|Licensed providers (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN) with an interest in pediatric urgent care. Provider members have voting privileges and may hold office.|
|Licensed providers (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN) or clinical healthcare administrator with an interest in pediatric urgent care who reside outside of the United States. International members have voting privileges and may hold office.|
|Any person (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN, healthcare administrator, educator), particularly those in an urgent care leadership position, who does not do patient care. Clinical Administrator members do not have voting privileges and do not hold office.|
|Anyone with an interest in the field of pediatric urgent care (RN, LPN, MA, RRT, PharmD, Medic) who does not meet the criteria of any other category may become an Allied Health member. Allied Health members are not eligible to vote or hold office.|
Any student, resident or healthcare provider involved in a training program. Trainee members are not eligible to vote or hold office.
Goals of the Society
- Promote the development of pediatric urgent care as a specialty
– develop scope of practice and core competencies for providers (Physician, NP, PA)
– develop quality measures for process and outcomes for pediatric patients seen in urgent care settings
- Connect members with providers and clinical leaders in pediatric urgent care medicine across the country
- Provide educational content for core topics (eventually including CME)
- Define an academic or clinical career path for providers specializing in pediatric urgent care
The society is currently looking for Founders Circle members interested in developing and contributing to:
- educational content
- core competencies
- urgent care fellowship design
- urgent care health policy research and advocacy
- quality metrics evaluation and benchmarking Membership is open to the general healthcare public and will include:
– access to leadership and physicians from across the country for networking and problem solving
– access to clinical operations resources
– access to educational resources
– ability to contribute to data source to develop benchmarks
– access to pooled quality metric data
SPUC Group Billing
Save time and money! Use SPUC’s Group Billing to streamline the application and payment processes.
Dues Discounts: Receive a 10% discount on member dues in the group billing program for groups of 34 members or fewer for your practice or institution. Groups of 35 or more members will receive a 15% discount. The Society will send one comprehensive renewal notice to include all the SPUC members in your practice or institution. Contact Greg Leasure, Membership Manager, at email@example.com or 804-565-6393 to establish group billing for your members.
2-34 members = 10% discount
35+ members = 15% discount